How to Use 3G
Two Step 3G Guide by Darkjesus:
A) Disabling PIN request
You have to disable the PIN on SIM card, either through Windows and some Connection suite for your modem or you can do it through Hyper Terminal.
1) lets figure out if SIM inserted in your modem is PIN locked, in Hyper Terminal (Link) type:
- if PIN is active, you should get response "+CPIN: SIM PIN", if its not, you will get "+CPIN: READY"
2) to disable PIN lock of your SIM card, type:
AT+CPIN=1234 (where 1234 is your PIN code) - you should get "OK" in response, then type:
AT+CLCK="SC",0,"1234" (where 1234 is again your PIN code) - you should get "OK" in response
=> your SIM card should now have PIN code requests disabled.
B) 3G Settings with Hyper Terminal
Tablet Window N90 supports: E1916, ZTE AC2736, HUAWEI E1750, HUAWEI EC122, HUAWEI EM770W. I have Huawei E1750, so I can only confirm that this works with that model.
Here´s what you need to do:
1) Install modem drivers/software on your PC
2) Download Hyper Terminal (Link)
3) Run Hyper Terminal
4) Enter anything as name of the new connection, press OK
5) In the next window named "Connect" in the column "Connect using" select "HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G Modem" and click OK.
6) Close next window with a phone number and other parameters by pressing "Cancel"
7) In Hyper Terminal select File -> Properties -> tab Settings -> button ASCII settings -> tick second option "Show input characters on the screen."
8) Type command AT and press Enter. If you get response OK, modem is communicating
9) Type command AT^U2DIAG? and note the number you get as response in case you want to set your modem back to its original state
10) Type command AT^U2DIAG=0 and press Enter - this will make your modem to be acting only as modem, not card reader/CD drive
11) close Hyper Terminal
=> Now you can plug your modem in your tablet and use it for 3G connection.